Copyright © 2023 Harris Plastic Surgery. All Rights Reserved
BEFORE & AFTER
Reduction mammaplasty, aka breast reduction surgery, can be life-changing. At Harris Plastic Surgery, we’ve had the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients, helping them reach their goals. While these breast reduction before and after photos capture some of the aesthetic effects of this surgery, they don’t show the increased confidence and quality of life patients enjoy.
Breast Reduction Before and After Photos
Dr. Harris has performed thousands of surgeries in his career, focusing on breast reconstruction, reduction, and augmentation. Below are some breast reduction before and after photos that will give you a good idea of the results you can expect with Harris Plastic Surgery.
Excess breast tissue can also lead to skin conditions under the breast, as the heavy weight of the breasts causes continuous friction. Breast reduction can eliminate this issue while lifting and restoring the breasts.
Breast ‘ptosis’ is very common as patients with large breasts age. The nipples will point downward, and the breasts may begin to “drift” to the sides. Breast reduction surgery removes weight, allowing for a perkier appearance.
Breast reduction surgery is also medically indicated when patients suffer shoulder “grooving” where the weight of their bra straps results in permanent indents. By reducing the size of the breasts, this condition resolves as well.
Asymmetry, again, is very common in patients with large breasts. Luckily, surgery on both breasts is covered in medically necessary breast reduction surgery to create this symmetry.
Breast reduction surgery can also set the stage for a total body makeover, allowing patients to be more physically active without the weight of their breasts holding them back.
Breast reduction surgery addresses size and discomfort and can correct any existing breast asymmetry, as shown in this breast reduction before and after photo. Skilled surgeons can sculpt and reshape each breast to achieve a more balanced and proportionate appearance, enhancing both aesthetic harmony and overall satisfaction.
Breast reduction surgery is medically necessary when the weight of the patient’s breasts causes chronic neck and/or back pain. Removing the excess breast tissue improved this patient’s aesthetic and reduced her pain.
Large breasts can often lead to stretched and distended nipples, contributing to an aged appearance, like in this breast reduction before and after photo. Breast reduction surgery goes beyond size reduction by addressing this concern, repositioning and reshaping the nipples for a more youthful aesthetic.
While the benefits of breast reduction surgery are apparent immediately following surgery, they get progressively better as the swelling goes down and the patient recovers. This breast reduction before and after photo shows a patient’s results six months post op.
Breast reduction surgery offers an immediate lift by relieving the weight of the breasts, resulting in a more youthful and uplifted profile.
Patients may notice that the color of their nipples changes as they age, becoming paler and less defined. With a breast reduction procedure, the nipples are reformed and made more visible.
The Benefits of Breast Reduction You Can’t See
While the breast reduction before-and-after photos above show the aesthetic results of surgery, they don’t illustrate the benefits you can’t see. Following surgery, patients frequently report:
- Pain relief: Medically necessary breast reduction surgery can bring about a remarkable transformation in pain relief. Often, excessive breast weight leads to back and neck pain, becoming a daily source of discomfort. By removing this excess weight, patients experience an immediate and substantial reduction in their discomfort levels. As time goes on, this relief tends to improve further.
- Improved posture: One of the profound changes that breast reduction surgery offers is a healthier posture. No longer burdened by the weight of excessive breast tissue, individuals can shed the habit of hunching over. This newfound posture contributes to physical well-being and holds a range of other benefits, including improved breathing and heightened self-confidence.
- Increased mobility: Activities that were once restricted due to the discomfort caused by larger breasts can be enjoyed again after breast reduction surgery. The newfound mobility can be truly liberating, allowing individuals to partake in activities that were off-limits for years!
- Clothing options: Wardrobe choices really expand after breast reduction surgery. Many women with larger breasts are limited to plus-sized garments, which can be both expensive and limiting in terms of style. With the weight lifted—literally—off their shoulders, individuals can dive into a world of clothing options that were once out of reach.
- Self-confidence: Beyond the physical changes, breast reduction surgery can yield profound psychological benefits. For those who struggle with self-consciousness due to their breast size, the surgery can bring relief from emotional distress. This newfound confidence can radiate into various aspects of life, enriching personal relationships and fostering a more positive self-image.
- Better Sleep: Following breast reduction surgery, patients often discover that sleep becomes a more comfortable and rejuvenating experience. This enhancement in sleep quality contributes to an overall improvement in both physical and mental health.
There are many benefits that breast reduction before and after pictures just can’t show. If you’d like to discuss these in more detail, consider consulting with an experienced plastic surgeon who can walk you through your options.